onsdag 17 februari 2010

First news

Här är en gammal intervju om Popstar to operastar som vi inte har publicerat än, den är från First News:

First News interviews Danny Jones from McFly

Danny Jones from McFly is now on ITV reality show, Popstar to Operastar. Read our interview to find out more...

Everyone knows Danny Jones as one quarter of hugely successful band McFly, but now you can see him as never before as he competes against seven other celebrities in the new ITV reality show, Popstar to Operastar. We caught up with him before his first performance to find out how tough it’s been to shake off his pop star habits and master the art of opera. He also let us in on McFly’s very big plans for 2010.

Why did you decide to take part in the show?

I’m not a huge fan of all these shows, except X Factor. I think that’s great. I’ll watch them, but I could never really imagine doing them. I used to just mess about singing in what I thought was opera and the boys would laugh their heads off, so I did it more and more. Then my manager told me about the show and I thought he was joking. But the boys (the rest of McFly) said: “You’ve got to do it, it will be classic!”

How did you find learning something completely from scratch?

I’m really getting in to it actually, but I suppose anyone would if you put that much effort into it. I’ve been learning since November. It’s really different though. I’m so out of my comfort zone. I mean, take away your best mates, take away your instruments, you’re on live television, which I don’t think I’m very good at anyway, and I’m singing with an orchestra. And, not only is it in a different language, it’s a completely different genre and I have to learn each song in a week! It’s intense.

What are you like in training. Are you a good student?

My mentors (opera stars and the show’s judges, Katherine Jenkins and Rolando Villazon) have said I pick things up really quickly. But when I sing with my guitar, it all comes from my throat, but opera singing is meant to come from your stomach so I had to master that.

What are Katherine and Rolando like?

They’re really cool – they’ve said I’ve got vocal chords of steel!

What does that mean?

It means that I can go out and do things and I won’t need to have the same vocal rest as other people. I think it’s because I’ve never been trained so my voice isn’t very sensitive. I’ve never lost my voice during a tour or anything. Touch wood it never happens!

What about performing? You are used to really high energy performances so how will you change that to fit the opera style?

I don’t know! What am I supposed to do with my hands?!

What do you think of the other competitors?

Vanessa (from girl band The Saturdays) is good. I think Darius is taking it quite seriously! I’m just doing it for the challenge and to have a bit of a laugh, really. If it doesn’t go well for me it’s not too bad because I’m going to be really busy soon.

Do you mean busy with McFly? What are the band up to now?

We’ve just come back from America. In fact, I missed a bit of the opera training because we’ve been writing songs there. Now, we’ve got loads of songs ready. We’ve just got to start recording it now.

What will the new album be like?

We’re working with people like Tricky Stewart who has worked with Beyoncé and Katy Perry so it’ll be quite different for us. But that’s what is so good about it! We wanted to get different influences and perspectives and get a new groove going, but it’ll still be McFly. For us, because we’ve been writing all these new songs since our last album, it doesn’t feel that different but, because you’ve not heard anything since our last album, Radioactive, it’ll sound like there’s been a big change. I’m excited about it because I think it’ll appeal to our fans and to a lot more people. We could just be safe McFly and carry on doing what we were doing, but we want to take risks, be successful and have everyone enjoy our music. We want to take that step and we want to be as big as Beyoncé!

And when can we expect McFly back?

We’re recording soon but the boys are getting on with other things while I do the show. Dougie will be thinking of ideas for the tour and Tom will be writing more songs, waiting for me to come back to finish them off together. I’m not sure exactly when we’ll be back but it’ll be a good year for McFly I think.

Vote for Danny Jones from McFly on Popstar to Operastar every Friday night on ITV1 and watch the video of Danny below.


KÄLLA

xxx McFluCrew

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar