tisdag 2 februari 2010

The Sats

Här kommer en liten artikel om The Saturdays :)



Frankie, 20
At 20, Frankie Sandford has already spent eight years in the music business. She grew up in Essex and went to her local primary school, and attended dance school after hours. She started stage school in Romford, but by the age of 12 she and Rochelle had joined S Club Juniors.

‘When that finished, when I was 15, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I went through an “emo” phase, worked in a bar, then House of Fraser. My friends were starting to go to university and I thought maybe I should go, too. Then I got a call about the Saturdays. I was lucky - not many people get one chance. Roch and I had two.’

Frankie on Frankie
‘We never argue. I know every band says that, but we don’t – we don’t have time and it’s not worth it.

‘I like a good time. But I go through stages where I just want to be at home in trackie bottoms. I love being glamorous but I also like putting on my ripped denim shorts, a pair of flat boots and going to a smelly club to see a band.’

The girls on Frankie
‘She’ll either be quiet, stay in with her dogs, or really go for it.’ (Una)

‘Frankie’s a massive flirt!’ (Rochelle)

Love life
‘Dougie Poynter, the bass player with McFly; we live together.’

Bags and shoes
‘I’ve recently bought a YSL bag and a purple suede Mulberry bag. With shoes I’m a heels girl. But I can’t wear too-high shoes – Dougie’s not that tall!’
Mollie, 22

Unlike Victoria Beckham, Mollie King could accurately be described as posh. She went to an all-girls school in Surbiton, Surrey, and, when she said she wanted to be a pop singer, was told to stop being ridiculous and study to become a lawyer or a banker like her two sisters. She skied for Great Britain until she was 17, has three A-levels and a place at Loughborough University waiting for her. But she has deferred it so she can pursue her singing career.

Before being headhunted for the Saturdays she was a member of Fallen Angelz, who got to boot camp stage on The X Factor two years ago.
Mollie on Mollie
‘I’m a good girl: I’m so fussy – I’ve only ever kissed three boys. I don’t drink. In our early photo shoots I’m smiling and the other girls are pouting. I asked them how I can get that face and they went, “Squint and stop smiling.”

‘We supported Girls Aloud on their 2008 tour. Cheryl and Kimberley came to wish us luck on the first night. Normally I can chat for England, but I was as silent as a mouse. I mean, I couldn’t exactly ask Cheryl, “How’s Ashley? How’s your mum?”, but they’re so nice. And so tiny! Tiny this way [pointing to her stomach].’

The girls on Mollie
‘I call her Disney – she’s just like a character from a Disney movie. But she will always choose the shortest dress.’ (Frankie)

Love life
‘He’s called Andy Brown and he’s a singer. We’ve been together for about a year.’

Bags and shoes
‘It’s got to be Ugg boots!’

Una, 28
Irish Una Healy is the oldest Saturday but the years between her and the others have been wholly dedicated to music. She was born in Thurles, Co Tipperary, went to her local school, then began a teacher-training course, but dropped out to focus on music.

‘I bought a PA system, started gigging with musicians, in restaurants and hotels. Always practising. When I was 25 I decided to leave Ireland, and the first audition I went for was for this band.’

Una on Una
‘Gigging on my own in Ireland was tough, so I’m very appreciative of the position I’m in – I’ve worked hard to get into this band.

‘I’ve been nicknamed Fierce by the fans. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because of how I look in pictures sometimes [she pulls a sultry face].

‘And yeah, I do like the dressing up. I’ve done modelling part time in the past, so our fashion and our image is very important to me.’

The girls on Una
‘She’s the expert at the look-behind-the-shoulder shot. I watch her for tips. She’ll be walking down the street and if there’s a pap there…off she goes.’ (Mollie)

‘Una’s great to have a night out with. The girl knows how to have a good time!’ (Frankie)

Love life
‘My boyfriend is Ben Foden, a rugby player for Northampton Saints. We’ve been going out for a year now.’

Bags and shoes
‘The bag I’ve been going out with lately is an Alexander Wang one with studs. My favourite shoe shop is Kurt Geiger - it’s not too expensive and the designs are edgy.’

Vanessa, 20
Vanessa White is the youngest Saturday girl. Born in Somerset to an English father and a Filipina mother, they moved to Stratford in East London when she was five, after the weekend journeys to dancing lessons had become too much of a commute. ‘We moved to London for me: when I was younger I just wouldn’t stop singing.’
After primary school in Stratford she won a place at the Sylvia Young Theatre School aged 12 and was hoping to go the famous Brit school in South London afterwards, but was rejected. So she set out to do every girl-band audition going. ‘I knew I wanted a record deal and that was it.’ The Saturdays was the first one she got.

Vanessa on Vanessa
‘I’m the odd one of the group. One minute I can be really loud, but the next I’m so chilled out it’s a joke. The car journeys are my “me time”. Off to bed! ‘I like clothes but I don’t know if I’d call myself a girlie girl. I’m just very different. At the moment my room is an absolute tip. I’m so messy. I remember once Roch gave me a sweet; I didn’t like it and put it on the bedside table…two weeks later it was still there! Uck!’

The girls on Vanessa
‘Her voice is absolutely amazing.’ (Rochelle)
‘She’s the “young” one and it’s nice to mother her a bit more. She’s not childish but you just want to put your arms around her – she can be a bit ditsy.’ (Frankie)

Love life
‘He is called Adam Chandler, and he’s a jazz singer. We met a year and a half ago when we were supporting Girls Aloud on tour. I live in Kent, but we’re going to move to London in a few months.’

Bags and shoes
‘I’ve just bought a bag from Prada. That’s my first expensive bag; I had been eyeing it up for a while. I’m not used to getting things like that, but I thought I’d treat myself.’
Rochelle, 20
Rochelle Wiseman was born in Essex and grew up with her mum and sister. ‘My dad was…somewhere. He and my mum split up when I was three. I don’t really talk to him.’ She went to school in Hornchurch, but weekends meant dance classes, where she first met bandmate Frankie. They auditioned together for S Club Juniors when they were both 12.

When that band broke up in 2005, she worked for two years as a television presenter and then in 2007 she got the Saturdays audition call.

Rochelle on Rochelle
‘It’s a shame that a lot of people think that to be famous you have to go on The X Factor. A lot of those bands are put together just to go on the show. But you need to gel and blend – and that’s not something you can do over a ten-week show.
‘Everyone always says I’m into my girlie stuff but to be fair we’re a girl band so if we weren’t into it before, we’ve all picked it up by now. But I love the dressing up – although getting up at 4am for make-up before going on SMTV isn’t much fun. I also like to talk – I could probably chew your ear off all night.’

The girls on Rochelle
‘If any of us take the big sis role it would be Rochelle.’ (Una)

‘Rochelle is obsessed with shoes and shopping. We were in Selfridges for five minutes the other day and she came out with a Burberry mac!’ (Vanessa)

Love life
‘I met my boyfriend Darren Randolph when I was 15 and we were on and off for a while. We’ve been together properly for about two years now. It is what it is – there are no wedding bells, no babies. He’s a footballer for Charlton. And no, I’m not a Wag.’

Bags and shoes
‘I’m a killer heels girl. I’ve got about 50 pairs of Christian Louboutins. My boyfriend hasn’t got that much room in the wardrobe - he gets dressed in the spare room!’
Xx McFluCrew

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar