fredag 15 januari 2010

Danny P2O

Danny Jones, singer and guitarist in McFly, is taking a break from his usual style of music by trying out opera in new reality show Popstar To Opera Star. He'll be battling for survival every week against fellow singers like Kym Marsh, Vanessa White and Alex James. He says he's keen to take the classical genre to his younger fans.
Danny Jones says the McFly boys have been fully supportive Why did you want to do the show?

I've sort of messed about with opera before and never really took it seriously. It got on to some documentaries on the DVDs and it was always a mess about with the lads. My manager rang me up and said, 'You'll never guess, this opportunity's come up and it's to be an opera singer.' I said, 'Are you kidding me? I can't do that it's ridiculous.'

I spoke to the boys about it and they were like, 'Mate, do it, it'll be classic.' Normally we're on holiday now, so there's not much going on for McFly in January. So I thought I'd take the challenge and see what happens.

How much of a challenge is this?

It's a massive challenge. Not only is it a different style of singing, it's a different genre. It's totally out of my comfort zone. I'm going to be on my own with an orchestra. Not only that but it's going to be live on ITV at 9 O'clock, so no pressure.

Continue reading the main story
Tom is obviously getting everyone to vote for me and I've got his support. He tweets more than me about it

Danny says band mate Tom is behind his appearance on the show
Do you enjoy opera?

I do now, I didn't really know much about it before. It's always been there and I've messed about with it, had a laugh with it. I actually really enjoy it and it's opened me up to new music. It's amazing music.

Will you wear a tux?

No, I've specifically said I don't really want to go down that route. I want to make it appeal to my fans and bring these old sort of characters into the modern world - and make it a bit cooler, without trying too hard though. I just want to make it appeal to my fans the best way I can.

Do you think it will help with McFly?

I've never been taught how to sing. It just happened. And for six years we've being done tours and never lost it, never missed a show because I've lost my voice so it just sort of works.

To get in to learning opera and getting actual teachers to teach me… I've been doing all sorts of stuff, laying on the floor whilst singing, being massaged. It's really interesting and I think it'll really help my vocals.

The live show will be hosted by classical star Myleene Klass Are the boys behind you?

Yeah, Tom loves it. I think Tom would do it if they asked him to do it again. They're all behind me. Harry rang me the other day. He's away at the minute. He said, 'Mate, I'm so sorry I can't be there. I've gone on holiday and I'm missing the first show. Good luck.'

Tom is obviously getting everyone to vote for me and I've got his support. He tweets more than me about it.

When will we hear more from McFly?

A McFly album will be coming soon, I don't know when. We think late summer-ish. It's all in talk at the minute, it's very exciting for us.

You've been away writing have you?

Yeah and planning lots of projects. We've been writing with the likes of Dallas Austin who did TLC, Pink, Monica, worked with Anastasia, Katy Perry.

So it's really interesting for us to work with that sort of partnership because we've never done it before. We could be the safe McFly and write the songs we do and keep being safe but then we want to take it to that next step and be more adventurous. So that's what we're doing this
year.

Källa

Xx McFluCrew

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar